Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Supernatural

Hebrews 6:1-2 "1Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.…"

The Lord has really been speaking to me lately especially about the supernatural.  I currently make soaps, bath products, and candles; so I research a lot of natural ingredients.  Ultimately I have met a lot of New Agers and Wiccans.  I love people, so I try to be respectful in all that they believe.  In knowing God and the Bible, I know he put many healing herbs and minerals here for us to use and learn about.  He has given me the desire to learn about them.  In my teachings in church, I have always been advised that we should never get mixed up with witches or psychics or any other person in the occult.  They told me to never touch a Ouija board, that bad things could happen.  But I never understood what it meant.  Satan makes the supernatural powers he gives very enticing.  He is truly winning people with the promise of power and money.  In learning more about Wiccans and their craft, I heard stories of wiccans who was drawn in so deep that they had darkness come on them.  By darkness, I mean they would have nightmares of being strangled and wake up unable to breathe, they would feel shadows watching them.  They would even feel their lives were in danger.  I did not like what that sounded like, so I started learning about God’s version of healing with plants and read that he did put them here to heal us (Revelations 22:2 “In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.”) 

But what about these practices that was able to do magic, or speak to the dead, or even know the future?  I feel this is where many churches have failed us, by teaching that there is no such thing as the supernatural, or that the supernatural is only of Satan.  God is so much greater than Satan, he knows that we are fighting a battle that many people are not even aware of!  God has a supernatural power much greater than Satan’s!  He has sent the Holy Spirit to all that have received Him in order to help us.  As a Christian, we should be able to heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, and cast out demons (Matthew 10:8 “8"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give”).  So why are we not learning this in church?  Well most churches are teaching logical theology.  Most people do not understand that without medicine or other chemicals, how can we be healed by just a person laying their hands on us and praying?  That is not logical, but it is how the Holy Spirit works!!  God is here with those who believe, and he expects us to feely give.  I can tell you that personally, I have failed many times.  I have a hard time praying in public when the Holy Spirit tells me that I need to pray for that person.  I get embarrassed and feel that people will think I am weird.  The Holy Spirit has taught me many new things about how healing works and what His supernatural power is like.  Satan doesn’t WANT me to pray for others and release the Holy Spirit.  Love is the greatest commandment.  I pray that you the reader will feel the Love of God and will know that you are the reason Jesus died on the cross and rose 3 days later.  In those 3 days, Jesus took the sins of the world and went to hell and defeated Satan.  Satan is a defeated foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment